Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mykonos: Views

Some random things from the week on Mykonos...


Freakin' homemade boughatsa from the bakery down the hill!  
They also had spinach pie...nooooommmms.
I don't really talk much about the boughatsa now.  Both because I'm in mourning over the fact that you can't get them here, and because I start sounding alot like Homer Simpson and the donuts.  Good Lord they were good.

Views from a sunset walk.



That was a beautiful walk and a beautiful chance for the Lecturer and I to visit, and was also, I believe, the first time we had ever left Hankie in charge of the younger ones for more than 5 minutes.  He's a good big brother, to say the least.

View of the yachts parked at Ornos beach.  This is the view from near our villa.

I ended up taking a PhD course this summer...was not in the original plans...was a great course, but I ended up having to complete the final paper/presentation and do most of the final exam while traveling. I finished the paper/presentation at Mykonos and actually attended class from the porch at the villa.  There are worse ways to get an education...



In Greece, private "winemakers" can sell their own vino.  That water bottle on the left is actually full of red wine that someone made and was selling at a corner store in Athens. (And it was pretty good stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment