Sunday, November 6, 2011

Last Words: Family. Outtakes.

We were fortunate to talk to my Mom via Skype when we were in Mykonos, and she asked me "what's your favorite part of the trip so far?"  I thought about all the immediate answers...the Acropolis, the Hagia Sofia, the Cistern, the food...but none of those resonated as THE favorite.  After a pause, I realized what the best thing was about the trip: being relatively unplugged and spending a LOT of time as a family.  The best blessings of all were the moments with the kids and with John, struggling with languages, learning something new together, being exhausted but happy, laughing at the ridiculous photos.  That closeness has been the biggest benefit of our whole life abroad.  Honestly.

So I leave you with some outtakes from the Summer Trip of 2011.  



















Yes, in our joy, we were also a little crazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment