Friday, March 11, 2011

Pony Tails and Pedicures

A couple of weeks ago, our friend Sheila was going to be in the neighborhood so I weaseled my way onto her appointment list. Living in Doha is hard on your feet. Something about the dry climate, going barefoot all the time, and the micro-fine powdery sand make mine look like something that belongs on a rhino. No, I am not exaggerating. Thank heavens Holly taught me not to be afraid of a good pedi for my 40th birthday.

So sweet, wonderful, smart, talented Sheila fixed me up, and Hannah picked out a lovely dark maroon, and then Sheila put on a glossy top coat and boy did my toesies look nice. So nice that Hannah wanted a turn. Of course, she didn't have all the nastiness that I did (how come a girl that goes barefoot all the time doesn't get callouses?!?), so Sheila just painted her finger and toe nails a nice vibrant pink.

Hannah also finally has enough hair to make a real pony-tail, not just a little wisp of stringiness. Unfortunately, Hank also had enough hair to make a pony tail, but his is more appropriate for a Samurai noodle eater, which I guess makes sense because that is what he is. Last week, he ate FOUR HOT DOG BUNS plain after getting home from school. Can you say "growth spurt"?

Hank did get a hair cut last weekend, so this has been partially improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment