Friday, March 11, 2011

Bill the Cat: I Want You but I Cannot Have You

On our last trip to the souq, there were a boat load of cute Persian kittens for sale. John and I promised each other: only the bird. That means no dogs and no cats and no fish, turtles, chickens, cheetahs, or baboons. So I have to stand by my promise, but oh lordy it's hard. I want one of these kittens so bad. But it's the right thing to do not to have one, especially because we don't want one tearing up the rugs and furniture and especially because we'll be traveling. So yes, reason wins, but oh how these little cute furrballs tug at my heart!

This is one that stood fawning over for a long time last weekend. Her eyes were the most amazing color when the light hit them:


Then I got home, downloaded the pictures, and started thinking about it...this may be the actual incarnation of Bill the Cat from Bloom County:

No comments:

Post a Comment