Monday, May 31, 2010

Tea Service




Yeppers. I'm in the right place.



Every morning when I walk into the office, our Tea Boy, Prasanth, brings a fresh cup of black coffee in a gorgeous china cup and saucer, and a glass of water in crystal to my desk. When I've finished them he collects the dishes and brings a second cup of coffee. And he'll keep bringing coffee until I say calf-rope. He knows that after lunch I enjoy a cup of arabic tea, and that when I'm on the phone not to distract me. He knows when I have guests to use the Texas A&M at Qatar china, and to include cream and sugar.



This service shocks some, and makes others mad. Most are simply uncomfortable with the inequity of the arrangement. I have decided not to deny the force of hundreds of years of British influence, and go with it. I think, in fact, that I could get quite used to it. Keep calm and carry on. Pip pip.

1 comment:

  1. Could you ask Prashanth to bring down some more me? Anything is fine..... as long as it is in a paper cup.. *grin*

    ReplyDelete