Monday, May 3, 2010

Here We Go...Starting with the Yard Sale

John boarded the plane for Doha at 8:45 CDT this evening (I left him at Intercontinental around 5:30). He's safely in the air for the next 18+ hours, and of course, I have some horrible superstition that if/when I go to sleep, the plane will suddenly fall out of the sky. Now THAT'S hubris, huh? To think that my mere wakefulness is keeping a 777 afloat? Well, that and my voodoo tutu.

So as I wind down from a very long day, I'll fire up the blogging again. I've sent John with his digital camera, a cord to connect it to the computer, and strict orders to get busy telling me all about it as soon as he has a spare moment. I'll begin by setting a good example...

THE YARD SALE

When we found out that John's departure was delayed by 24 hours, I decided to have the garage sale. This was a big activity day for our community, and I firmly believe that all the traffic helped me sell the stuff very quickly.

The sign said it started at 8 AM, but people were here at 6:15 AM and about 75% of the stuff was gone by 7:45 AM (!!!). Here are before and after shots of my garage:

Before: Actually, the real before was a mountain of piled up stuff...I wish I had a picture of that!

After: The fish tank/stand has a home, and that stack of boxes is going to Goodwill (God Bless GW). That leaves only the table of stuff on the right and a couple of bookshelves left. We're having a second sale in June for the "final stage" stuff...

Big helpers that they are, Jack and Hannah decorated the driveway to attract buyers and entertain the neighbors...

No comments:

Post a Comment