Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Let the Countdown BEGIN!

The big news here is that JOHN'S PARENTS ARE COMING to Doha FOR CHRISTMAS!  You see why I had to post that last obnoxious thing before you could understand how important this is.

I am so freaking excited that I almost pee a little each time I even think about it. They officially have their tickets and will arrive on December 15th.  His Dad will stay for two weeks, his Mom for a month!

Did I mention that I'm excited?

So today, Hannah and I created a count-down chain. One link is for each day between now and the 15th, so we tear off one each morning. It is front and center in the icebox, and each circle is marked with the date. We're exactly 30 days from the big day.

First I cut out 30 strips and wrote a date on each one.  
Then Hannah put a sticker on each one. 
The last strip has seven heart stickers on it.  
Then we glued them into a chain and added a string at the top.
 The starting chain is just about the same height as our girl.
Finally, we used a suction cup hook to attach it to the icebox.  
This is where it will be until the big day arrives.

I can't wait to have them right here with us.  Did I mention that I'm excited?

1 comment:

  1. Woohoooooo! I haven't made one of those in like 15 years. I think it's time. :)

    ReplyDelete