Monday, November 15, 2010

Beebo the Baller

I have been trying for several weeks to get this on video and was really excited to capture it this morning.

Habib, who has become the sweetest red-tailed precious that ever I could imagine, is a soccer player.  Over the past couple of months, he has been very loving towards me.  He sits on my shoulder and cuddles up to my neck for as long as I'll let him, and he has not come anywhere close to biting me.  He's sweet with the kids and with John (but not as sweet as he is with me :)).

I know he has a very playful side, because Vee has told me about it.  He will now readily come to his perch, play on top of his cage, and play from the hanging perch that I suspended from the ceiling.  But he doesn't get down on the floor and play with his toys like he did with Vee and Collin.  My guess is that this is because of the kids and because his wings are clipped.  He doesn't feel safe on the ground.

However, he loves it when Hannah comes to his perch/tray and lays out his toys.  He gets very puffed up and comes running down off his cage ready to play.  He'll chase after her fingers, too.  The puffing and chasing are things that I keep a close eye on--those could be signs of aggression...but this has been going on for several weeks and he doesn't seem too intent on hurting Hannah (he hasn't managed to catch her yet, and you'll see from the video that he's pretty quick!).  She has no intent of staying still long enough to find out if he bites or not...

Here's the video.  As with previous videos, it may play in double speed...I'll do my best but am having trouble figuring out why that happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment