Friday, October 15, 2010

Clouds. Yes, I get excited by clouds.

Amazing what happens when you know the season is changing at home but it's not changing where you are.  First you get really home sick. Then you wait for any tiny little sign that fall might actually come to Doha.  Over the summer, we rarely had clouds.  The sky is normally sort of a dingy yellowish-greyish color of sand and smog.  You know those beautiful summer popcorn clouds?  You know how you can watch day-time-heating thunderheads explode upwards and then dissipate during the pink time of sunset? Yeah.  We don't get that here.

But over the past two days, we have actually had something lovely happening.  It's not just the "well, it's just hot now, not hotter than Hades." It's actually something pleasant.  Maybe near 80 in the morning and only in the 90's in the late afternoon?

And then today, I looked out the window and I saw CLOUDS.  You think I am a freak for posting about clouds.  But when you haven't really seen them for months, they are a lovely sight to behold.

 What I see outside from where I sit at the computer.  The windows are tinted blue for UV protection.  And maybe to help me psychologically...

 Now the sliding door is open--see how the sky is lighter in the middle? But it's still relatively blue.  I had been sitting here drinking tea with John, when I yelled "OMG! THERE ARE CLOUDS OUTSIDE!"  No really, I did yell that even though it sounds crazy.

The clouds and blue look great here--I went outside rather than take this through the window. A cloudy day is a good day.

You do notice, however, that clouds have nothing to do with rain.  As someone who used to go play outside in summer storms, I may cry with joy when it rains some day.

1 comment:

  1. We snuck some Texas clouds in with Jack's b-day
    stuff but they did not rain either.
    P & B

    ReplyDelete