Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bento Boxes, Part 2

I'm sticking with the Bento project, although my talent has not necessarily improved in terms of precision and decoration.  I am happy to report, however, that the kids are eating the food and the little portions and organized presentation does seem to encourage their interest and willingness to eat things like cauliflower.  Considering that last year was spent eating hot pockets and ramen noodles when they took their lunches (and for Hank, that was 3-4 days per week), I consider this is a huge win.

Last year, if I had the nerve to send an apple or clementine in their lunch, it always came back squashed and bleeding juice all over the lunch sack.  This year, many "faux Bentos" come back clean--especially for Hank and Jack.  Hannah just doesn't eat as fast.  They have two eating breaks--one from 9-9:30 AM and one from 12-12:30 PM. 

Here's the latest slide show. Mouse over it to find the play button if it doesn't automatically show up. You can also pause it to read the captions if you want.



My next big goal is ONE...just ONE...themed Bento, for Halloween lunch on Sunday. (Remember...Sunday is our Monday...). I'll take pictures and, if it's not too humiliating, post next weekend.

1 comment: