Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Cooking Mystery Concludes...
with Success


Presenting two chocolate frosted sheet cakes, a main staple of my grandmother Mamaw.  These were so popular around her small town that she made them almost once a week for weddings, showers, funerals, fire hall meetings, church functions, etc.  I think she got really tired of it by the time she was no longer able.

But you know what?  Labneh instead of milk works just fine.  Lack of measuring spoons, dry measuring cups, or appropriate mixing bowls didn't stop me either...although chocolate did get splattered all over everything.  Yea for success!

I know Mamaw is looking down, proud of me.  And today would be her 98th birthday, so good timing on the post. :)

4 comments:

  1. I knew it! Mamaw WOULD be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the kind where you pour the chocolate frosting/glaze over the top while the cake is still warm? Where the cake is so rich that you think it's going to put you in a sugar coma and you keep on eating anyway? I certainly looks like a cake from my childhood--my favorite in the whole world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES DJ. AND IT'S MADE WITH CRISCO. And it makes me TYPE IN ALL CAPS I love it so much. :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, wish Carroll Sure would bake me one for labor day weekend, got those Ft. Worth people coming and they would LOVE it! YM

    ReplyDelete