Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wa'allah: Whatcha Doin'?


Sweet Wa'allah is somewhere around eight months old now.  Notice how his eyes are much lighter than they were in earlier pictures?  In person, you can see hints of yellow starting to peek through, too.

Aside from plenty of whistling and clucking, Wa'allah now says "Whatcha doin'?" and "Where'd ya go?", both in a whispering voice.  He also says, "Hello Buurd" in John's voice and "whew!" in mine.  He's still very sweet--has never bitten me (I don't think he's bitten John?), and he still frequently cheagles around the house. I brought him back a new load of toys from the US, and he's really been enjoying those. His favorite are cheap pastic cat balls like these, which he throws around and then shreds into little tiny pieces.

When I was in Texas, I asked about El Jefe, our sweet Pionus that we had to leave behind, and I was told that the woman who had him "woke up one day and he was gone."  So there's another sad goodbye that makes me sick to my stomach with guilt.  Sigh.  We are going to have to work hard to make sure that we don't have to do this with our animals again (leave them behind).

No comments:

Post a Comment