Monday, June 14, 2010

Thus Spake Hannah, On Her Fourth Birthday

Many of you knew Jack when he was a toddler and you will remember he was a constant fount of information and advice.  From his first sentences at 18 months old, Jack has never been at a loss for words.  This has been especially jolting after Quiet Hank.

Hannah, I had figured, was more along the "norm," with plenty of talking but nothing like Jack.  However, as the past few months have developed, so has Hannah's spontaneous attitude, and she seems to be on some sort of birthday roll.  Here are some excellent Hannahisms from the past 24 hours.  These are interspersed with pictures of her modeling the supercute outfits John gave her for her birthday.

This is her July 4th dress, which has small white stars on it.  She had a very similar dress (without the red ribbon) when she was one year old.  The twirl factor is key, and this dress meets the standard for flare.  Excellent work, Papa.

On aging:
"Today, I'm four years old.  But I'm still the same weight and height I was yesterday."

Skull and crossbones (with pink sparkling bow) to match her Mama's cowboy boots.
That, and new hottie jeans as well as lace-less pink Converse sneakers.  All authentic attitude.  Bonus points for boot/shirt tie-in, Pop.
To Jack, upon discovering his current treasure, a pocket watch--given to him by Grandfather--that no longer works:
"Why do you even want that?  What good is a watch that doesn't work?  There's nothing to watch."

Another top, in checked chambray.  Good choice for the 130-degree highs in August, JSS!
On the potty:
Hannah, screaming loud enough to call the pigs in from the neighbor's pasture:
"MAAAAAMAAAAA! I'm ready for you to come wipe my bottom!"
Mama, who is sitting less than 10 feet away from the bathroom:
"It's time for you to wipe your own bottom now that you're a big four year old."
Hannah, incredulous:
"Are you serious?  So this is how you're going to treat me now?"

From Gymboree...a place we should know better than to enter.
The skirt on the left is especially excellent for twirling.  The shirt that goes with it has "diamonds" sewn on it.  The dress on the right has golden thread embroidered around the flowers.  John has outfitted one serious fashionista.  A successful birthday.
Convincing me to buy the 99 cent Princess flipflops on sale at the Franklin grocery:
Hannah: "I need those flipflops."
Me: "But I just bought your some sandals yesterday."
Hannah: "Well, first of all, those were sandals, not flipflops.  There's a difference.  Second, today is a new shoe day."
Yes, I bought the shoes (secretly, and sneaked them into her birthday present bag).

 And of course, the most important shirt of all (I bought this one).

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hannah! She's so precious and so are the new outfits! I love the wisdom from a 4 year old. (especially the bit about today being a new shoe day- I feel like I have gained some new outlook on life!)

    ReplyDelete