Sunday, February 7, 2010

Overstuffed Football

Your friendly war correspondent John here. Nancy's covering the most impressive points beautifully, but I had to add one little thing.

We get to London and into the BA lounge, and sit down with a nice cup of Earl Grey and the Sunday London Times. When I get to the sports section it suddenly struck me what we are actually doing. That we are actually on this trip. Somebody pinch me. There is all appropriate talk of the american football Super Bowl - the crazy Brits are too polite to ignore it. But what do I find COVERING THE ENTIRE first page of the section?

RUGBY.

Yes rugby. That sport that the renegades like me played in college and no one around us understood. The sport that taught me to say BOLLOCKS with real conviction. This afternoon Scotland plays a match against France.

Wish we could take a train to Edinburgh to watch the match.


Business class lounge in London.
3:21 AM Texas time. 9:21 AM London time.
Groggy time.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Nancy, I can tell you have your hands full! There he was, not even clear of England, and already tempted to hit the rugby field. Try to keep him focused :o) Better you than me! I'm not a bit surprised you guys are making the most of your adventures. We're so lucky that you guys are sharing with us stateside side-liners. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "g" = wholla in small-speak.

    ReplyDelete