Monday, February 15, 2010

Home Safely, to Wait, Wait, Wait

We arrived home last night at 7:45 PM, so very happy to see our people!

Now, today the "regular" routine has started again full force. Despite a good night's rest, my brain has no clue what time it is (1 PM in TX? 7 PM in UK? 10 PM in Q?) and, as a result, is uber-foggy.

We now begin the process of waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more, hoping that news of either an offer or a decline comes sometime in the next week or so.

This, in terms of John, is relatively straight forward (yes or no, plus details if it's a yes). For me, as a "spousal hire," this is more complex...not just a yes or no, but what to "do" with me (what sort of work)? I very much want to teach--the interaction with the students, the challenge of cross-cultural teaching, the side benefit of time flexibility, and the ability to "stay in my field" are all central--but with limited teaching options, things aren't necessarily that easy.

I'm throwing salt over my should with crossed fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment