Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Room with a View

Thank you, American pharmaceutical company, for Tylenol PM, which was enough to give me 7 hours soundly and profoundly sunken in the big feathery bed.

This morning, we are freshened up and ready for a day of adventures. We begin with a view from the hotel window.


One piece of the big view--these buildings make a panorama which reminds me (with huge irony) of Las Vegas, minus the buses with the huge "All Nude Review" signs. That, of course, is a nice improvement.

The itinerary today is very full--John with all the important people, and me with my even more important friends and colleagues. I get to visit a class. We will post tonight.

PS: To the kind people of the Qatar hotel media association...if you would like a more accurate view of American culture, then please consider adding something to the TV to represent American culture beyond MTV and E! Entertainment TV...

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they should add Dexter. I spoke to all 3 of yur yunnuns today. They were particularly pleased with their "prizes"

    ReplyDelete