Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dear Honorable Sushiminto Chefs...

...I feel quite sure you are very talented creators of sushi and many other delicious Japanese or perhaps Pan-Asian delights.  So my interest here is not in changing your ingredients but perhaps in changing your methods of menu disclosure.  I have experienced first-hand most varieties of "bulldog sauce," not by direct choice but by nature of not watching where I step, being too close to the water/food bowl, being close by after said bulldog gulps down his food, or paying too much attention to the glistening ribbons of drool hanging from the jowls.  You may want to consider simply leaving this ingredient as "secret" or "special" sauce instead.

Hearts and rainbows, Me.

2 comments:

  1. Bulldog is a very popular brand Japanese sauce - you can buy it at MegaMart: http://www.importfood.com/sabd1001.html

    Personally I have never heard it referred to as Tonkatsu, and have even seen it as "Bulldog" in the States.

    That said, can understand the confusion...

    Great blog - captures life Doha very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment! I appreciate the information!

    PS: My previous life experience means that even the idea of "bulldog sauce" skivs me out... :)

    ReplyDelete