Friday, January 25, 2013

WTH Moment #782: Baby Avocado Sticks

We've lived here long enough that I am now comfortably in my head-in-the-sand routine...so every once in a while, I have to remind myself to stop doing that and look around me at all the craziness and coolness that is here.  So my adventure last week was related to produce... I had seen these at Family Food Center where we shop and had wondered who in heaven's name would want to peel and pit an avocado for that teeny tiny amount of reward.  That spoon you see is a small coffee spoon. But then my curiosity got the better of me, and I bought a package.  They're not terribly expensive...that's 15 QR ($5) for about 1.5 lbs of sticks.  Well, actually, okay that is expensive when you consider the price for avocados in season in the US, but prices here are generally higher and for here, that's not too expensive.

They were hard as little rocks when I brought them home, so I left them on the counter for three days and when they softened, cut one open. And PEOPLE THERE IS NO SEED IN THERE.  You just cut it open and use a spoon to scrape out the yummy.

Do they have these in the USA?

No comments:

Post a Comment