Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mama Goes to Rehab

I've lived here two years and have had two haircuts. One was by a lovely lady who knew what she was doing...she came to my house on her day off and cut my hair.  Talk about spoiled.  The other haircut I gave myself when the longest layer got all ratty looking, and I just took some scissors after it one morning...

A major reason I have avoided professional salons...

SIDENOTE: In Qatar, a woman gets her haircut in a SALON, and a man in a SALOON.

...is that I am about as far away from hoity toity as one can get.  So I don't feel comfortable in salons where snotty faux socialites silently eyeing each other's latest shoes and handbag.  Mama. don't. play.

But this afternoon, I am getting my hair cut.  And I chose the place based on name alone.  It's 5 minutes from my house, and if all goes well, they'll have a frequent visitor...appointment is in three hours...


If I can't go to Rehab Saloon, then this is the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment