Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Wonder What Moses Played With...

Disclaimer: 
If you are easily offended by religious references or male body parts, 
then you probably don't want to read this.  
There.  
You've been warned.
I don't make the news.  I just report it.

The kids just got home from school today, and Hank (7th grade) told me this story... There's a child in his class named Jesus.  Now, in Texas, we all know this is pronounced Hey-soose, because just like the Prophet Mohammad and just like Allah, we differentiate between the man and the MAN.  However, some sort of wiring disconnect affects people when they cross the Atlantic ocean, and so all the teachers (Brits, Aussies, and even a Canadian) as well as the students call this child by the "real" name, Jeezus (the proper pronunciation, unless you're like my beautiful, smart Chicana friend's Mama, who says Cheezits).

Well, Jesus of Qatar (after all, we must differentiate between the man and the MAN) had some little magnetic BB ball things.  Apparently, they were doing all sort of creative things with them at school.

When Hank got off the bus yesterday, he had one inside his bottom lip and the other on the outside of his face, so it looked like he had pierced his face in the area just under his lip.  All in the space of a millisecond, I remembered the look on my Mom's face when she first saw and then promptly proceeded to deny the existence of my first tattoo...and all I could utter nothing more than "oh no you didn't." Thankfully, no he hadn't.  It was a good, humbling moment--my Mom will be glad to read.

So Jesus (remember to pronounce it like the teachers, Jeezus), the distributor of these magnetic items, had more of them at school today. As they were sitting in English class, Jeezus was tucking them into his lip to make "piercings" along his chin rather than paying attention.  The teacher, a good Brit who also spent time in Australia, looked up an announced in a nice, clear voice:

Jesus, stop playing with your balls.


As reported by Hank, fresh off the presses. 


5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the laugh!!! And huzzah to Hank for getting a rile outta you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by your FIRST tattoo? I am standing by for an answer................ym

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the laugh this morning! I can't imagine Hank could keep a straight face after that. It reminds me of when John got a bad haircut, but was sure it was the one Jesus wanted him to have since Jesus cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these comments, sweet friends! I love them each one (even when I don't follow up).

    Mom, there are things in life...do you really want to know them all? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two things:
    1. HAHAHA!
    2. I have some little magnetic ball things on my desk. They are called Bucky Balls and they are fun desk toys. And while I read your story I took two of them and made a piercing in my lip. So thanks for that :)
    Sarah P.

    ReplyDelete